LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving values for a specific time period

In our project we measure temperature,torque,revolution and emissions of an internal combustion engine.I want to save measured values to an excel file for a specific time period without stopping screen values  while seeing  the new  measured valus on screen.

I mean the values are running on screen in indicator box etc. and I push a button and the values are going to be saved to an excel file for 10 seconds for example.Can this be possible?How can I do this?

Thank you for your interest.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,234 Views)

You can think of a separate loop for logging with an option of pause/resume.
Now main loop should send command when to start logging and when to pause and resume.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,227 Views)
Thanks for your answer, I am going to try this and i have one more question.

Do I have to use Report Generetion Toolkit For MS Office ?I downloaded a setup from NI Downloads page but it didn't work, I cant see any report generation item in instruments.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,220 Views)

Why specifically you want to write to excel, probably you can write the data to a text file (CSV format) and that file later can be opened in excel very easily.

However if the requirement is stringent and using excel is the only option; writing to excel need not specifically require Report generation toolkit to be installed, but you can use activeX based functions (you can search to find more example around this) to write/read to/from excel file.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,212 Views)