LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving portion of data acquired from FPGA and visualize it on HOST RT Waveform Graph

Hi all,

i'm using FPGA to acquire data @1 Mhz from a Custom module in a SCTL an place it in a block memory Target Scoped FIFO1 Block memory of 1023 elements.

What i want to do is acquire a known waveform and and visualize acquired data just to check if data is corrupted or if samples are correctly representing waveform.

I'm reading data from FIFO1 and placing in a MEMORY in another SCTL to not affect 1st SCTL.

My intention in this is to create a one shot reading operation to place 1023 elements from FIFO1 to MEMORY (attached pic).

After this i have another while loop that perform communication with the HOST to read data from MEMORY.

data type is FXP signed 24 bits word with 24 bit integer part. 

I cannot visualize anything on the host waveform graph.. Can you tell me why?

I've attached FPGA vi and HOST vi.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,861 Views)

Hi Mariano,

I need your complete project in order to review your application. Anywhere, you could try to run this example, that shows you the best practice in order to achieve data integrity ensuring no underflow/overflow events in data transfer.

In RT VI you can try to use Type Cast function in order to obtain DBL values from FXP ones.

Look @ this white paper that allows you to use floating point in FPGA side.

I hope that the above informations will help you in solve your issue.

Best Regards.

CLA_CUP

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,843 Views)