From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving png photos with different names..

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello guys,

I am not not so familiar with Labview so i would like some help. I have a Vi which is actually controlling 32 RBG lights.We use DMX protocol..everytime one led is on then we take a picture and then the led goes off..Then the second goes on end so on..we have 8leds in 4corners..So we have corner1_led1,corner1_led2 untill corner4_led8 .So in the end we have 32 png photos saved.What i want is to save the photos with different names and the numbers to start from 1 instead of 0.. For example if we select white light and  save the images as "new" the images are going to be named "new_white_0_0" instead of "new_white_1_1" . Do you have any idea how i can change it?

Attached current photos names and Vi. 

Any comment would be helpful.

Thank you.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,470 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author MAGI2

The indexing terminal (the [ i ] in the for loop) starts at 0. When creating your filename, use the "increment" primitive from the numeric palette. Then your file names will start at 1 instead of 0.

I noticed from your VI that you do a lot of string concatenation to build the file name/path, you can use the format into string and build path VIs to make the block diagram look a little simpler. You could also update the deprecated functions (e.g. the open file) with the modern equivalents.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
Message 2 of 3
(2,464 Views)

Sam_Sharp, i made the changes and the numeration starts correctly.Thank you very much for your help.I will also try the rest of your suggestions.

Have a nice day!

Thnx again!

Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,450 Views)