LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving images to memory and then to hard disk

Hello All,

I am working on a system which has some timing constraints while acquiring images (640x512) so as to make faster I need to acquire them in memory but eventually I need to save it on the hard disk.

I have already programmed how to save on memory and disk in separate vi's but don't know how to do it one VI to first acquire in memory and then transfer it in image format(tiff, bmp or png) to the disk.

Please let me know.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,881 Views)

Hi nitai,

use a queue to buffer your images in memory and a producer-consumer scheme to save them to disc...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,861 Views)

Are you talking about Vision images or pixmaps or LV pictures?

With NI Vision you can build an array of images (in memory) and later save them in a for loop.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,860 Views)

Is there any example of the same or a pseudo code which I can take and work on it from there?

Some time before I programmed where I was putting the images in a queue buffer but have no idea about the producer/consumer loop.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,856 Views)

I am saving pictures in .bmp format right now with Savimage.vi. It's not in IMAQ format as I have worked with it before but not sure about the other two formats.

Although I have a programming where I can put them in a queue buffer.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,854 Views)

Hi Nitai,

I am saving pictures in .bmp format right now with Savimage.vi.

This "savimage" is not a VI/function supplied by NI, so we cannot comment on what you are doing - unless you attach your VIs in this topic…

Although I have a programming where I can put them in a queue buffer.

So why do you ask for an example for using queues?

Btw. LabVIEW comes with a lot of example projects, found when calling the menu entry "File -> New…". Atleast one of them is showing a basic producer-consumer scheme!

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,824 Views)