LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving image in HL Grab.vi example in LabView 2011

Hello Experts,

I have a question related to in Labview 2011  Help -> Find Examples -> Hardware Input and Output -> Vision Acquisition -> NI-IMAQ -> High Level -> HL Grab.vi. 

To explain, I was using a camera using MAX from NI but then I had to use it through LabView and I found this example to make that camera work in labview. Now, I can use my camera through labview but I am unsure as how to save the images from it. When I use labview I can see a video running from my camera on the screen which means it's acquiring the data but somehow or other it's just neglecting it. Can you tell me as how can I save those images continously with each image having a different and individual name into a folder.

I have used the example as it is so please help me for that.

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,983 Views)

Look on the Vision and Motion Palette for Vision Utilities, Files.  There you should find functions to wave an image in a variety of file formats (lbmp, .jpg, .png, etc.)

Bob Scho

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,971 Views)

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply.

But, I am a newbie in LabView programming. I found those files but after trying a lot I am not sure where to implement it or how to wire it and where to wire it so it does save the images. There are so many SubVi's in it. Can you tell me something for that or a picture would be better. Otherwise any help would be great.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,958 Views)

Hi Nitai,

There is also an example worth looking at in the NI Example Finder called Grab and Save to AVI.

- Kale

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,933 Views)