LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving file path & retrieve on next start

i have attached file write program.

I want that by default there should be some path which i can assign during program write, which gets save somewhere.

After that if user want to edit path to new location, he can edit, now new path gets saved at that location, next time onwards that new path should be taken. How to do it?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(735 Views)

@Vindhyachal.Takniki wrote:

i have attached file write program.

I want that by default there should be some path which i can assign during program write, which gets save somewhere.

After that if user want to edit path to new location, he can edit, now new path gets saved at that location, next time onwards that new path should be taken. How to do it?

Do you need to track the location of the file after LabVIEW stops executing? If so you need to save another INI type file to point to the other file location. 

See the attached VI to show how to easily move the file, maybe it will give you some ideas. 

(718 Views)

I am using labview 2022 Q3, file you have attached is in 2023. Can u please save it in older version and share. Goal is that whenever labview start it shows the last saved path.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(649 Views)

@Vindhyachal.Takniki wrote:

I am using labview 2022 Q3, file you have attached is in 2023. Can u please save it in older version and share. Goal is that whenever labview start it shows the last saved path.

Thanks for clarifying your goal. The last VI I posted will not necessarily help you save a path, instead check out this code that shows how to make an ini file, you will need to do this or something like it in order to save the path after your program stops executing:

snip1.png

You can find this VI and many others in the built in LabVIEW help system. Go to Help -> Find Examples, then in the window click search and search for 'ini file' (or anything you want).