cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving every other image

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm working with labview 2016 and and am trying to save every other image or every third image or more using Image acquisition functions. In saving these images I'm loading every image buffer for the Images before capturing, then saving them after to allow for faster frames per second. However in recording longer periods the frame rates start to vary and I would like to save every other or every third image instead and continue at the same frame rate. In doing so, I am having the grab function store them the images that are not wanted to save in a single buffer over each other. When I run this code saving every single image works fine, but when I switch to every other it just continues to run and never gets past the grabbing part of the sequence. There are no errors given as it doesn't make it all the way through grabbing images and I can't find whats wrong in highlight execution. This is my first labview program and has gotten a little complicated, it could be something simple I'm missing so any help on what may be happening or how to find out would be appreciated,

Thanks.

(The Producer-Consumer loop in true value of large case structure can be ignored, I am currently not using it)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,367 Views)

The images act like a reference, so you are not storing images, but the same reference to the image over and over.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,348 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author danderson1

In the true case there is no dequeue for the buffer indices queue.  (unless you are getting another queue ref in a missing sub-vi. its a named queue so anyone in the app instance could be dequeueing) 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 3 of 5
(2,344 Views)

Yes that was it thank you, the buffers were being dequeue outside the case structure and being dequeued during the loops for weren't saving any images. It is quite obvious now that you point it out. Sorry to waste your time, but thanks for the help.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,329 Views)

@danderson1 wrote:

Yes that was it thank you, the buffers were being dequeue outside the case structure and being dequeued during the loops for weren't saving any images. It is quite obvious now that you point it out. Sorry to waste your time, but thanks for the help.

No waste of time at all!

Sometimes you just need a second person to eyeball what you thought you meant to write but didn't

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,321 Views)