From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving different jpeg file for continuous reading of height image

Hi, I am facing trouble with saving the jpeg file of the data continuously. I have attached my VI. In this I am able to save the jpeg file but when the graph gets complete the new graph starts saving in the save jpeg file by overwriting the previous one. I am getting data at a very high speed. So I want to save all the graphs in different jpeg file in the same folder.

I am new to lab view so if you can help me from basics or either by changing my VI files will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,090 Views)

Hi ish,

what's the problem to use a unique filename for each JPG file?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,076 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Thanks for such a quick response. Can you let me know how to do that as I can see in the write jpeg file just to give one file name that it saves.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,070 Views)

Just create a different filename for each file...

(There is a full palette of file functions!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,065 Views)

It overwrites your old data since they are having the same file name. If you can give a unique filename for each image, that would solve your problem. For example, append the timestamp to the filename.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,019 Views)

Here's a simple example.

Make sure to read the comment box!

Example_VI.png

You might also want to consider the Create File with Incrementing Suffix VI.

GCentral
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,006 Views)