LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving data in keithley 6221 & 2182A sweep mode

I am using Keithley 6221 Current Source and 2182A Nanovoltmeter.
I am using RS-232 serial bus and trigger link to communicate between 6221 and 2182A and GPIB to communicate between 6221 and Computer.
Kindly tell me how to get data from this setup for a Current-Voltage(IV measurement).
Sweep is working fine but I am unable to save data in computer.
If possible a demo LabVIEW vi will be very helpful which can to save 100 points.

Vaibhavi Negi
Research Scholar
Delhi; India

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,579 Views)
There isn't nearly enough information here. You are talking directly with the current source via goib, but you say the current source is talking to the voltmeter VIs rs232? How do you get the voltmeter data to the pc?

What does you software as a whole look like. We can't tell you how to proceed until you show us where you are.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,559 Views)

This is a default setup of keithley 6221 and 2182A Instrument. and Sweep mode, Delta Mode, Pulse delta and Differential Conductance work with this setup.

There is a software http://www.keithley.in/base_download?dassetid=16067 provided by keithley run on the discussed setup. But it is an exe so we don't have access to code and in sweep mode we can see data but can't save it. So I am asking for help if any one has the LabVIEW code to get data from Sweep mode.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,550 Views)
Unless that software provides a way to save the data, there is no way to get at it from LabVIEW. You will need to replace it with something you create in LabVIEW. How well documented is the test process?

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,534 Views)

It is a demo software.

And what is the logic behind this functionality that you can measure really fast but you can't save the data.

If we can't save data then why one should use it and why Keithley made this.

We can see data it the demo software soon implementing it on our own program definetly we can save it.

I am asking If someone has done this before then please tell me how?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,247 Views)
You raise some excellent questions. However they are questions you should be asking Keithley.

Mike...

LabVIEW Champion

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,227 Views)

I am also facing the same problem sir ..How do you rectified it?Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,625 Views)