This widget could not be displayed.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving data in USB in the real time system

Hallo everyone,

I am trying to save my data in USB in the real time system VI. My data is coming from the FPGA around 2 KHz. So in the real time system I put a Timed loop with source type- 1MHz clock and a period of 4000 us. So data is saving in the USB in CSV format. But some data is always missing. I put a Square wave generator at 1.5 Khz in the FPGA VI and counting the event. When the counter is 40, I am counting the cycle. From the save value, I can see that some cycle is always missing. For example, If one cycle is 200 then the next cycle value is 220.

To connect the FPGA with RT VI, I am using Open FPGA VI references and passing it to the Read/Write control.

How should I program so that all the values are saved in the USB? I am pretty new in Labview.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,319 Views)

Suppose I said to you "I'm new to Matlab (or C++, or Python) and my program doesn't work".  How would you help me?  You'd say "Show me the Program".  So go ahead and attach your VI so we can see what you are doing and possibly suggest some "fixes" for you.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,282 Views)

Hallo Bob Schor,

Thanks for your suggestion. So I attach my Real time VI here. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,280 Views)

I'm really sorry that I asked you to attach your code.  Unfortunately, I do not have 12 monitors stacked in a 6-tall by 2-wide array, so I cannot view your VI.  I notice that you clearly don't know about sub-VIs (to save space and simplify understanding of function), don't know that you should (almost always) wire the Error lines, particularly for functions that are sequential, that "Small is Beautiful".  Do you know about Shift Registers?  I see lots (!!) of Local Variables, and can't chase them all down on a 12-screen Block Diagram.

Write a small routine that does one piece of your task.  Get it to work.  Then add to it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,271 Views)