From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving cumulative hours into a file.

Hi all,

I have a query. I am using labview 17.

I know how to store all the analog channels data acquired at the rate of 50 ms using nidaqmx device to a tdms file. But I need to know how to save the running cumulative hours in one particular test  between start and stop event. The minimum test total running time is around 100 hours. 

Also I want to know how should I retrieve and plot the saved analog channels data against this cumulative hours using tdms viewer

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,188 Views)

Hi gkm,

@gkrn wrote:

I know how to store all the analog channels data acquired at the rate of 50 ms using nidaqmx device to a tdms file. But I need to know how to save the running cumulative hours in one particular test  between start and stop event. The minimum test total running time is around 100 hours. 

So you already know how to save data to TDMS files.

Now you want to know how to save one more channel? Calculate your "running cumulative hours" value and also save it in this TDMS file…

TDMS viewer usually plots data over time. When you want to implement an "X vs Y" plotting you could create your own TDMS file viewer…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,151 Views)

Thanks. Already I got the idea and working on it. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,124 Views)