cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving all projects files

Solved!
Go to solution

@s.h._tech wrote:

Every time I save the projects a lot of files are saved (even if I only edited one) which takes about 1-30s. This makes fluent development impossible. 

This typically points to circular and/or complex dependencies between VIs.  That makes it hard on the compiler, which will cause slow downs.  Otherwise, I have had many 100s of VIs in a project and the same times are non-existent.

I would first question the use of a Strict Type Def.  I might have 1 occaision where it was appropriate.  Almost always a normal Type Def is fine as I am not dealing with many GUI windows that are showing the same thing.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 11 of 14
(311 Views)

@s.h._tech wrote:

I activated 

Tools>>Options>>Enviroment: General -> seperate compiled code from new files

Is this the right one? My LV is in German and sometimes I have trouble finding the right translation 

That just sets the Seperate From Compiled for any new VI you create.  You can right-click on the project in the project window tree and select Properties.  In the dialog that opens, there is an option to set the Seperate From Compiled for new items.  Make sure that is checked.  And directly below that is a button to Mark Existing Items.  Select all of the files and click the Mark Selected Items button.  That will set the option for all of the VIs in your project.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 12 of 14
(309 Views)

My application consists of 1 Producer and many consumers. Each consumer has a 'lvclass' where all the data is stored. Every consumer has a least one 'Strict Typedef' which is also represented on the frontpanel of the Producer. I also working with queues and notifiers to communicate with the statemachines.

My code is definitely (needlessly) complex and maybe passes some unnecessary data around but hopefully not at this magnitude.

EDIT @crossrulez: With your instructions I found the correct option in the properties of the project. I continue working and report the behavior back

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(301 Views)

I have worked now for ~1day and also intentionally modifying my 'Typedefs'. So far the saving times are greatly reduced.

Thanks for the help 

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(268 Views)