From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving LabVIEW Temperature Data Through Excel

I am trying to save some temperature sensor data into a LabVIEW file. In my code, It is under the "Pico Temp" tab. 

The current way I have it saving it does not work correctly. It either doesn't save any data or it saves only one data (so one temperature,not a set of temperatures taken over a period of time).

I am fairly new to labVIEW and I got the  code I have now from the PICO temp github, and then I tried to use a friend's code to do the saving process. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,711 Views)

Your Write To Measurement File only runs once!

You don't have it in any loop.  It just reads a local variable that probably due to race conditions caused by abuse of local variables, hasn't even been populated with data.

Also.  Index Array is expandable.  Drag down the bottom border.  You won't need 9 copies of it and you won't need to wire up all those constants.  It will automatically give you index 0, 1, 2, 3, .....

I would recommend looking at the online LabVIEW tutorials
LabVIEW Introduction Course - Three Hours
Learn LabVIEW

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,707 Views)