LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save to USB Flash Drive on a cRIO

Hallo,

I was using a c-RIO 9111, for creating and saving files in an external memory (using TDMS toolings in directory u:/).

Everything was working fine, but when Im trying to do the same in a cRIO 9066, looks like I´m not getting the right root.

In MAX>> Datatransfer I access to the u: directory, and I can see the folders ans files created, but when I do it directly in my PC with the external memory, its empty.

Looks like the cRio has an internal partition with that directory.....Could be that? How can I read the external directory unit??

Thanks for your help and best regards!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,473 Views)

Try using the List Folder function on the Advanced palette of the File I/O.  Normally this is used to list files and folders in a directory, but if you provide an empty path as the input it will return the drives that are available.  So for me the Folder Names when the path is blank is C, D, E, N, P, Q, R, T.  These are the drives that are available.  Maybe your USB is mounted as a different drive letter for some reason.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,449 Views)

Oh this is one of those new Linux chassis.  You'll need to use a path similar to this.

/u/Example Folder/test.txt

According to this article.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/65C685BD7EC10D6B86257D07004A9825

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,446 Views)

Thanks so much for your help.

I´m trying to create first a folder.

I was trying with  /home/u  (Error 1430 occurred at Create Folder in create_folder.v  // Possible reason(s):LabVIEW: The path is empty or relative. You must use an absolute path.)

C/home/u  I dont get any error, but when I look inside my external memory is empty. (if I see through MAX >> Datatranfer, i have the folder created correctly)

Looks like Im not using the right directory (but in any internal partition of the cRio).

I apreciate any idea, thank so much for your time

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,433 Views)

Have you tried another USB memory?

Jesús

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,416 Views)

On the other hand, what happens if you tried to create a dynamic path as shown on point 2 of this article? Is there any error? If so, which one?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,413 Views)

Thanks for the answers,

Yes i was already testing with another memory and same behaviour.

I was also creating a file inside my memory to see through MAX if i can see it.

(MAX >> datatransfer) I attached the files it shows me.

I went through the folder "u/" but its empty....

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,401 Views)