From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save the 3 indicators (Missed, False hits, Actual Skips), including the participant's name into a text file in LabVIEW and send the text file by email to another person.

Solved!
Go to solution
  • Please keep the subject short and put the question details in the body of the message.
  • Please don't maximize the front panel and diagram to the screen.
  • Your iteration takes at least 1.5seconds, so what you wire to N is NOT "number of seconds to run the test"
  • I think you can significantly simplify your code as we discussed long ago.
  • There is an entire file IO palette and there are tools for e-mailing. Did you find them yet?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,041 Views)

guys how to save the 3 indicators (Missed, False hits, Actual Skips), including the participant's name into a text file in LabVIEW and

send the text file by email to another person example once the Mackworth test is completed, the missed counts, false hits, etc parameters will be written into a text file.
This is all done in the same VI.

After that, the text file is sent via email to a email address. This could be the same VI or a different VI.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,029 Views)

Check out the "File I/O" palette. It has all the necessary tools to save data to a file. If You want LabVIEW to send the E-Mail for You, You will probably want to use some of the connectivity tools - depending on what exactly You want to do on what kind of system, which I am unable to guess.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(1,998 Views)

Hello,

To save the data into a file, use the Vis in the I/O file palette. Open file, write text file, close file. You will need to format into string (a vi as this name in the string palette) your integers. 

Then to send an email, use the palette SMTP in Data Communication>Protocols>SMTP email. Don't use the express VI as you can't add attachements. Use Open handle, Set recipients, Set message, Set attachements, Send.

Yddet

PS: LLindenbauer has been faster than me

Message 6 of 8
(1,991 Views)

hi regarding the smtp email i have created this vi but would like change to attach file instead. Anyone can help?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(1,982 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gavinng

Your question has already been answered. Use "set attachments" and the other tools in the SMTP palette. See also the second part (2013+) here.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(1,916 Views)