From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save for previous version failed for unspecified reasons

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all, I'm trying to take a LV 2016 project (complete with RT and FPGA VIs) and create a compatible LV 2013 version for an older PC in another lab.  When I use the "Save for Previous Version" option I get the following:

save_previous_error.png

I've found that all the files except one get saved, the one being my main FPGA VI.  I've tried exporting it by itself and I get the same error.  Just as a sanity check I've tried exporting other FPGA VIs from other projects and they work fine.  I've tried copy/pasting the code from this VI into a blank and exporting that to LV 2013, but same error comes up.

There's something about this code that the export feature doesn't like, but I'm not getting a ton of info from this dialog box.  Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,472 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author riplakish

Is the code inside the problem VI something you could split up?  I.e. delete half the nodes, empty out half the case statement frames, something like that?  If you can find which half is the problem, then split that half into quarters, and repeat from there.

Not suggesting it as a permanent fix but it might drill the problem down to one node instead of just one VI, and then you'll have a much more specific issue which might present a more obvious fix.

Is this a VI you could post here for others to try?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,455 Views)

Unforunately, there's a lot of proprietary stuff in this VI so I can't share it, but I did try what you recommended about splitting the program up.  It consists of 4 or 5 parallel while loops, and I found that the absence of one particular loop makes the 'save for previous' work.  I've tried to dig further and find the problematic node within the loop with no luck, so for now my game plan is to revert to LV 2013 and just manually recode that loop.  Pain in the butt, but much less so than recoding the entire VI.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,420 Views)