From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Channel data in tdms with along with Time

hi guys,

I need to save  a  BUS communication Protocol in TDMS  format. The different data say voltage ,current and bus signals are generated at  specific time intervals.
Whts an elegant method to save the Time Information( at which the specific signal say Voltage1[10000] or  BusConnect_Bool[10000], or ActivMode_U32[10000] )  along with the  Channel.
The channel is an Array of these values. I need the specific time for each specific element of the array, and every array.
The individual  signals are generated  at different  times eg voltage1 is measured at  t1, and  BusConnect_Bool  at t2.
the whole Dut test is also cyclic . thats why  10000 values.

regards,

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,640 Views)

Assuming a constant rate for each element of your array, I would use the data to build a waveform and then use Get Waveform Time Array to get an array of timestamps that you can then save to your TDMS file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,622 Views)