From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling local variable and synchronize with DAQmx

Hello, 

I made a small change in the set-up I used with labview and now when I wanted to change the code I'm having a rather complicated problem.

In my old set-up I was measuring three variables: x and y with a QPD and the power of a laser with a power detector. I was using the DAQmx and I was getting a matrix with three columns with n (sample rate) values. Now, for various reasons I had to take out the second detector. So now I want to build the same matrix as constructed before, but instead of putting the measured values of the laser power I want to put the theoretical values (they are in a local variable) as I cannot measure them. The problem is that this local variable, in general, changes during the DAQmx acquisition time and I would need to sample it at the same rate as I acquire the data from DAQ and then combine all them. How I could sample this variable and attach it to my DAQ results? DAQmx doesn't accept local variables.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,128 Views)

A local variable is not something standalone. It is always associated with a control or indicator. Hows is it updated?

From your description, it is not clear what you are doing. Can you show us some code instead?

(Also be more clear when using acronyms. QPD cound mean many things)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,108 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

(Also be more clear when using acronyms. QPD cound mean many things)

I'd go with the Queries Per Day-interpretation. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,092 Views)

I would strongly prefer "Quiet Peaceful Day", but I don't think it will happen any time soon. 😄

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,082 Views)