LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampling AI for every 10th pulse of external sample clock sourrce

I am trying to sample cylinder pressure data by using 7200 pulse/rev encoder as sample clock however the module I am using doesn't have high enough sampling rate. So I was wondering if there is a way to sample cylinder pressure for every 10 encoder pulse so that data sampling rate would be 10 times less. I am using cDAQ and DAQmx 

Thanks,

Tayyar 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,761 Views)

The following method works on a desktop board.  I think it should work on cDAQ but can't test it out here.

You can use a DAQmx Timing property node to configure an AI task to use an external signal (an encoder channel) as its timebase for sampling.  You can further choose how to divide it down.   See below.

(Edit: note that this is distinct from using the encoder signal directly as a sample clock.  Here you define the timebase from which the sample clock will be derived and also specify the integer divisor to use to divide down the timebase for use as the AI sample clock.)

-Kevin P

timebase divisor.png

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,752 Views)