LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same tag used more than once in an xml file

Hi. I'm new to my company and they have a LabVIEW 2010 program that loads a xml configuration file to set channels and sequence opening and closing valves. The xml file can be edited in LabVIEW (I attached the xml editing program configure.vi and an example xml config file). Under the Tab "Sequenced Controls" that opens and closes valves at a certain time and duration I was asked to enter the same valve name twice but for different times. Valves PV-2 is to open at 1700 ms for 2000 ms and then again at 11000 ms for 2000 ms. But when I try to list the same valve name twice the LabVIEW program times out at the real-time target. I am wondering if any one knows why I cannot list the same valve twice in the config file for different time periods? The project is very exntensive but written in a  generic way that uses configure.vi to set all channels and properties of controls and indicator. Does anyone have a suggestion how I could revise the program so the same valve could be sequenced several times? Sorry if I didn't explain my question well. Thanks, Bill

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,291 Views)

Hi there, perhaps the program times out because you are not letting the operation to complete at the target. If that is the case try adding any change to a queue before you send it.

Alejandro C. | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,266 Views)

The program does not time out if I add a new tag name to the xml that is different than the other names. It only times out if I add the same name twice. I never used the same name twice in an xml configuration file so I wasn't sure if this is allowed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,256 Views)