LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same switch but different programs

Hello everyone.

I create a web application in LabVIEW NXG and make resume/pause switch like a program in LabVIEW 2018. But when I click resume/pause switch at LabVIEW 2018, a web app in LabVIEW NXG not display continue like LabVIEW. How do I config?

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,053 Views)

P.S. I want both programs to show the same value. But the problem now is the shared variable received from a single program

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(3,032 Views)

Even if you did post your code (so that, at least in principle, I could "see what you told the computer to do" and verify that it was "doing what you told it to do" (which, 99.99% of the time, really happens -- you just tell it the "wrong" thing to do), I couldn't test your code because I don't have NXG installed.  However, without your code, I can at least say "You are doing something that won't accomplish what you want to do" (i.e. doing something "wrong").

Post your code,  Best is to post the actual code (I'd say "VI", but NXG using something else) so that we can test without doing a lot of unnecessary (for us) work (LabVIEW afficionados are so lazy ...).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,992 Views)

@therinoy wrote:

... But the problem now is the shared variable received from a single program

OK, I was just going to ask how the two apps communicate. I guess it's via network shared variables. Who would have guessed... 😮

A shared variable does not live on any front panel, so for each side to react to a change in value and update a front panel element accordingly, the code needs to query the shared variable in some way. Do your programs do that? Are both running on the same computer?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,988 Views)

Sorry that I didn't provide complete information. Here is code of LabVIEW 2018 and LabVIEW NXGCapture3.PNG

Capture6.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,964 Views)

At present, I running both programs on the same computer.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,954 Views)

You didn't post code (you can run code) -- you only posted incomplete pictures of Block Diagrams (a part of LabVIEW code).

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,941 Views)

This is the main code. Sorry to mislead.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,920 Views)

Hi therinoy,

As a first step, I would recommend using highlight execution to see if your shared variables are being read when you expect them to be read. What results do you see?

Lindsey Nestor
Program Manager, Hardware Services
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,893 Views)

LabVIEW NXG can GET shared variable from LabVIEW 2018 but can't POST shared variable back to LabVIEW 2018. It's like creating new value, not continuous.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,884 Views)