LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same VI, but different front panel

I am a LabVIEW developer and I always release my xyz.vi to technician.

The technician will always customise his own front panel (ie modifies my VI) so that the buttons and numeric displays are located at position he wants, and look different from my original front panel.

The problem is that, everytime I give him a new release (e.g only algorithm changes in block diagram), he will have to re-modify the front panel.

Is there a way to go around this?

Can he keep his own front panel design while he still use my block diagram? i.e same block diagram, but different front panels, in a single VI file?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,150 Views)

No its not possible (upto my knowledge) becuase whatever you keep it in the front panel you are writing the code behind it for its functionality. Instead why don't you get the requirement for the GUI from the technician and make it yourself and then make an exe and give it to the technician (This what we normally do) because when you are running an application you its always better to have the exe running. We never gave the code to technician for our code modification.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,144 Views)

Hi,

The problem is, we use computer monitor with different resolution/size. My front panel design looks fine on my screen but when he run my VI, part of the front panel is not shown due to his small screen. Thats why he has to change the front panel layout himself, always.

Is there a solution to this.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,140 Views)

Then keep the resolution of your monitor as small and develop the UI. The recommended resolution is 1024 * 768 (I guess) and set the properties of the VI front panel to maintain the proportion for different monitor resolution.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,137 Views)

You could implement the functionality of your VI as a subVI to the tecnician's UI VI.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,134 Views)

You can use Subversion... since you just have to modify the code

Rodéric L
Certified LabVIEW Architect
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,116 Views)