LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same LabVIEW exe different behavior

I am trying to run an .exe file on my laptop to control a Keysight UXA.  Part of the code works properly, but other parts are unable to be executed.  No error message is given. 

Same .exe file, however, works fine on other desktops and laptops.  The labVIEW version on all machines is 15.0f2.

Appreciate any suggestions to find the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,323 Views)

@JaneZebra wrote:

[...]No error message is given. 

[...]

That indicates that error handling has been missed during development of the application. An EXE by default does not show any error popups unless implemented in the code; the development environment has by default "automatic error handling" enabled.

My guess is that you missed to install required components for the UXA on the system. That could be a DLL or VISA. But without proper error handling, that is only a guess.

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
Message 2 of 4
(2,314 Views)

Might also be a race condition, the order of execution may change on different machines (as well as between development and executable).

Ben64

Message 3 of 4
(2,295 Views)

Thanks for the feedback. 

I finally got the program to work.  There is an instrument been called twice via I/O assistant in same Event Structure.  The second instrument I/O assistant is missing the VISA Session In.  After adding the input to session In, the problem was solved.

Still can't explain why the code works on other machines without session in.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,253 Views)