LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVT Peak problems

Hi

I'm using the SVT peak vi to find the peak frequencies in a file which is between 10 and 30 seconds long. I want to pick out the distinct peaks. However, when I get the peaks out it gives me the exact peaks - e.g 997.12, 998.32, 999.23 etc when I would just like the key frequencies - e.g 1000, 3400 etc. Is there an easy way that I can set up the vi such that it only consider a peak to be a peak and ignore the +-hz either side?

Secondly, I am having trouble getting the output in a form I can use. The output I want is a simple array of frequencies vs magnitudes, but instead I get a 1d array of clusters.

Cheers

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,338 Views)
Hi Dave,

Could you possibly post up the VI you are trying to use, as well as the data file you are working on? I can't find an SVT peak VI included with LabVIEW, is it part of a toolkit you're using, or a VI you've developed?

Have you tried using the Waveform Peak Detection VI which can be found in the Waveform Monitoring sub-palette (or by using the search option on the functions palette). This finds the locations, amplitudes and second derivatives of the peaks and valleys of a waveform.

Many thanks,

Mark

Applications Engineer
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,323 Views)