LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVL Integration - artifacts on beginning of data block

Hi everyone, I'm doing integration of scaled signal block by block. I'm must be able do perform offline and online integration of data blocks containing 1 second of signal data. Attached vi is part of much larger project, so SVL Integration.vi must be placed in while loop.This is simplified problem with offline analysis.

The same problem is present in online mode.

Because of filters contained in SVL Integration vi, I'm getting artifacts on beginning of every block. I think I must somehow save my filter parameters from previous iteration to avoid my current problem. I tried to use larger blocks of data and hide part with artifacts but that could make my further work little bit to complex.

Any help would he appreciated

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,358 Views)

Hi _thomas,

I am a little confused with your issue. What do you mean when you say artifacts? And waht does it look like?

Flash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,315 Views)
Maybe I didn't use a  proper word. I have transient on begining of every waveform block, I think that there are caused by filter coeficient reinitialization on every while loop iteration. I didn't use timestamps so maybe these could solve my problem.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,310 Views)

I have attached problematic part of project. I have tried to debug and every time Integratior block was reset because invalid timestamp. I think problem  occurs is in svc_Check for Waveform Parameter Continuity (no state).vi. Any suggestions  ? Is everything ok with my timestamps ?

Message Edited by _thomas on 06-23-2009 09:38 AM
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,300 Views)

Here is link to my input data. If this could help in any way.

http://rapidshare.com/files/247765431/_ch0.dat.html

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,293 Views)

Hi _thomas,

The example you sent me does not have the sub-VIs. Please attach those.

Flash

National Instruments
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,286 Views)

All sub-VIs are from Sound and Vibration Toolkit. I have managed to save only one sub-vi, the most important one (Integration.vi) seems to be locked or something.  I didn't find anything on VI properties to allow saving a vi.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,283 Views)
Here is a Integration.vi sub-VI.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,276 Views)
Problem solved.
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,268 Views)

@_thomas wrote:
Problem solved.
  • Hi Thomas how did you solve the issue? I am finding the same issue? 
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,023 Views)