LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STOP SPAMMING THE BOARD

I think this is clear, spammers are not welcome on this board.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 28
(2,790 Views)

There are no way they will every see your messages.

That it proberly a bot spamming the board. Somehow they have found a way through the security of the forum.

We can only hope that the admin can fix the hole fast.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 28
(2,787 Views)
This is the first time I have tried to use the ignore user feature but it doesn't work. The only thing worse than a spammer is their customers. I don't think anybody on this board is dumb enough to click on the links though.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 28
(2,777 Views)

I think that the "Ignore User" is only for private messages, not public. 

I the 3 years I have been here, I have not seen an attack this hard.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 28
(2,772 Views)
You must be right. Maybe the feature needs to be upgraded to include public posts as well.
=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 28
(2,768 Views)

I posted an idea on the feedback forum about stopping spam. Let me know what you think.

=====================
LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 28
(2,760 Views)

@dkfire wrote:

There are no way they will every see your messages.

That it proberly a bot spamming the board. Somehow they have found a way through the security of the forum.

We can only hope that the admin can fix the hole fast.

I know but it sometimes feels good to express your frustration!Smiley Frustrated

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 28
(2,751 Views)

And that is a perfect reason.

This is something that can kill a forum.

Luckily this happened on a weekend, and not on a week day were where are most users online.

This could limit the amount of new users willing to ask questions. There posts will vanish in the stream of spam posts.  

P.S. Damn my spelling is off today.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 28
(2,746 Views)

Ni has to taken care immediately.

---
Silver_Shaper | CLD
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 28
(2,744 Views)

Hello Forums users,

As an update:

All reported spammers have been blocked, the messages have been removed, and we are working with our technology provider to understand how this happened. We have security in place so that this shouldn't happen but hackers and spammers seem to find new ways of spamming everyday. I'll post again as I have updates.

Thank you for all of your notifications as well as your patience as we sorted out this attack.

Jordan

Message 10 of 28
(2,710 Views)