From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SR865 (Read also Lock In Amplifer) Both Channel Data Acquisition?

Hey guys,

I get the following error (see attached) when I tried to extract data from Channel A and Channel B when using an SR865 lockin amplifier.

I've found it works (with graphs and all) for one cycle and then this error appears and then instrument freezes should I try again.

Is there a simple way to extract data from both channels at the same time? Currently, I've just changed the channel input to "Channel 2" and set up an identical path for "Channel 1" with the two (but the same) initial VISA inputs.

My best guess is that the driver only allows for one initialize function to be available which is being shared between both Channel 1 and 2 therefore the instrument freaks out. I've tried adding a time delay to this switch but to no avail.

Best wishes,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,112 Views)

Hello Klor,

Is it possible for you to share your VI? Or creating a minimal working example showing the same behavior? It's impossible to give specific hints from just looking at your screenshot. Generic ideas would be: A race condition in your code, or a reset of VISA in one branch of your code that breaks it for the other.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,081 Views)