LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI on FPGA for roboRIO

Hello!

I'm looking to setup a SPI connection on roboRIO, to connect to a MPU 9250 sensor. I have found a VI that works just fine when it runs on the RT target (MPU-9250 VI), however, for my application I will need to run it on the FPGA instead and I'm am having trouble to understand how I should set it up. I will need to change the clock polarity, clock phase and frequency, and these options are not available from a simple FPGA I/O node. So my question is:

How can I setup and configure a SPI connection on FPGA of a roboRIO so that I can continusly read the values from the IMU (the IMU will be setup as a slave). 

I'm running labview 2016 

Best regards

Niklas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,084 Views)

The magic of an FPGA is that you have direct control over the I/O in Hardware mode.

maybe you can find example of code for SPI in FPGA. I did that a long time ago...

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Robotics-Documents/Implementing-SPI-Communication-Protocol-in-LabVI...

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,077 Views)

Thank you for answer, I have gone through that example and try to apply it to my problem but without any luck. I will update this thread if I can find any soultion, meanwhile, if someone has a good idea, please share it!

Regards

Niklas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,046 Views)