From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI on FPGA for roboRIO

Hello!

I'm looking to setup a SPI connection on roboRIO, to connect to a MPU 9250 sensor. I have found a VI that works just fine when it runs on the RT target (MPU-9250 VI), however, for my application I will need to run it on the FPGA instead and I'm am having trouble to understand how I should set it up. I will need to change the clock polarity, clock phase and frequency, and these options are not available from a simple FPGA I/O node. So my question is:

How can I setup and configure a SPI connection on FPGA of a roboRIO so that I can continusly read the values from the IMU (the IMU will be setup as a slave). 

I'm running labview 2016 

Best regards

Niklas

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,114 Views)

The magic of an FPGA is that you have direct control over the I/O in Hardware mode.

maybe you can find example of code for SPI in FPGA. I did that a long time ago...

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW-Robotics-Documents/Implementing-SPI-Communication-Protocol-in-LabVI...

Benoit

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,107 Views)

Thank you for answer, I have gone through that example and try to apply it to my problem but without any luck. I will update this thread if I can find any soultion, meanwhile, if someone has a good idea, please share it!

Regards

Niklas

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,076 Views)