cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOLVED: What block is this? Some kind of error retry icon

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm preparing for the CLAD; and I happened upon a block I haven't seen before, at least not in a for structure. I've painted it in blue. If you can tell me how to create this block, I'd appreciate it. If you could tell me how I could have found it, with zero notions where it comes from, that would also be great.

Edit: Nvm, I figured it out. Just add conditional terminal to the for-loop by right clicking the frame, and then changing the stop icon to Continue while True... 

wat.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,406 Views)
Solution
Accepted by DrOnline

Hi Dr,

it's the conditional stop of a FOR loop, also indicated by the red circle in the "N" terminal.

Read the help for FOR loops…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 5
(1,403 Views)

Thanks for the quick and accurate answer Gerd. You know, I've worked with LabVIEW/TestStand for three years now and never have I added a conditional to a for loop. I think I have to go through core 2 in detail before I do this test, so many behaviours and features I'm not very familiar with.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,400 Views)

I think it was added in ... 2014(?) 🙂

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,341 Views)

Well, it is actually a "conditional continue". 😄 (i.e. continue if true). You can click it and change it to "stop if true", same as for a while loop.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,302 Views)