LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SO CLOSE BUT YET SO FAR

Good day all,

With 2 months into labview, I cannot call myself a newbie but my problems persists with sleepless nights. Kindly assist if you understand my plights which is:

I am using a faulhaber motor which is being controlled by an instrument driver MCDC3006S. The driver has its own command which I am sending through a serial port. After reading so many literautes on labview I tried my hands on the following I/O Assistant,Advanced serial write and read, JKI state machine and the instrument driver MVP2001. but was unsucessfully in all of them. My main desire is to tell the motor to move to certain positions based on the signal I am acquiring from an accelerometer attached to a plant. If certain range of frequency is detected, I want the motor to move to a certain position. The range(s) of frequency that I am interested in from the accelerometer are three,so the motor will move to three positions.

Now my predicament,

Using

1) I/O Assistant- When I opened I/O assistant and add steps using Querry and passe and Write. I could send the command needed by the motor one after the other, but to send all these commands together without me manually inputting them. I just dont seem to get how to do it. What I mean is that, for example if you used Sound and Vibration measurement suite and you add steps like analysing a signal,FFT, Peak measurement. All you need to do after adding all these steps is to  convert it to your Vi and all these steps will be converted into a vi for you. PLEASE CAN STEPS USED OR ADDED IN INSTRUMENT I/O BE CONVERTED INTO A VI.

So as not to make this too long and boring, I will like to stop here and get answers for the I/O Assistant issue, if surely I can solve the I/O issue then I can proceed with my work.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,229 Views)

You can right click on the Instrument I/O assistant and pick Open Front Panel.  That turns it into a regular subVI that you can open, look at, and modify if needed.

You should also look at the serial examples in the example finder.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,226 Views)