LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMU to sink current

Hi,

I am using NI PXIe-4139 to sink current from a converter(i.e., to make it behave as a load). I have configured SMU to Constant Current mode and gave the current value as -3A, so that SMU can operate in 4th Quadrant and sink current. 

But the SMU is not sinking the exact desired value from the convertor. I am attaching the circuit connection diagram which I used, please help me in finding the exact way to sink current using an SMU.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,409 Views)

What converter are you trying to test?  Exactly how much current are you sinking?  Does it work properly at a lower current?  Can the converter even output 3A?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,392 Views)

hi crossrulz, I am trying to sink 3A from the converter and it has capability to deliver 3A.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,381 Views)

What's the voltage this converter supplies at 3A?  Here's the quadrant diagram for the PXI-4139, not that at -3A you are limited to -6.6V to +4V.  So the SMU is limited to 20W (12W).  If you've converter needs to supply more voltage to hit the 3A limit then that's your problem.  This is my pet peeve with SMUs, as all manufacturers advertise -3A/+-60V but those two limits don't go together and you have to look very carefully at these source-sink diagrams.

smu_ni-pxi-4139.png

Message 4 of 7
(3,362 Views)

Hi cstorey,

The Converter which i am using is configured to deliver a constant voltage of 1.6V provided input is in range of 2.25 to 5.5V.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,351 Views)

Hi,

We are facing the same problem. Did you get solution for your query?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(1,985 Views)

@Khushbu_k, please create a separate post with a detailed description of your query. Please include complete details of the connections and source code.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(1,975 Views)