LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMTP

I'm developing a surveillance system for my thesis and I need to send an email when the allarm is activated. I have used the "SMTP Email Send Message" function but the same email arrive only at some addresses (for example it can work properly for an address in likes user@libero.it  but not for another likes user@hotmail.it). The fact mybe is that the message compare like "spam". Obviously my system has to work properly with all the addresses that the user want insert!! Can you help me? I looked at the examples "E-mail Notification.vi" and "E-mail with Data.vi" in LabVIEW Examples but those have the same problem.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,205 Views)
You cannot send emails with the SMTP functions if the mail server requires authentication, see http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&thread.id=327807

Message Edited by waldemar.hersacher on 06-03-2008 08:08 AM
Waldemar

Using 7.1.1, 8.5.1, 8.6.1, 2009 on XP and RT
Don't forget to give Kudos to good answers and/or questions
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,193 Views)
Thank you a lot!!
I have already resolved my problem. It was a coincidence of mistakes. I wrong to write two different addresses for well-5 times. Now everything seems to work. However, I had already read the links that you have indicated  me and it is very useful. Thanks again.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,186 Views)