Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMC100 LabVIEW Drivers are seen as "Question Marks"

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all,

I am trying to install the SMC100 device drivers

The SMC100 controller drivers has been developed under LABVIEW 6.1.

So i installed also LABVIEW 6.1. run time engine.

I installed the drivers(in the link below) to the  "instr.lib" file as required.

ftp://download.newport.com/MotionControl/Current/MotionControllers/SMC100/Software/

When i open the block diagram(functions pallette), the SMC100 drivers are seen as question mark like in the attached picture.

I am using Win7 32 BIT, LabVIEW 2009, and also

*My device still on the way from USA to Turkey, so i did not connect the SMC100 device to my PC yet. Is it smthg to do with this? Should i connect the device to install the drivers?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,995 Views)

@Kindly-Wisher wrote:

*My device still on the way from USA to Turkey, so i did not connect the SMC100 device to my PC yet. Is it smthg to do with this? Should i connect the device to install the drivers?

It should not be necessary to have the device to install the instrument driver. I have instrument drivers installed on my desktop development PC and I have no instruments connected.

Hopefully others can shed some light on how to fix the problem you are seeing.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,978 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kindly-Wisher

Try mass compiling the folder with the drivers.  If the drivers were downloaded without the block diagrams, then you will not be able to compile them because the source code is missing.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,976 Views)

I don't know how you managed to install the driver so that the palette is a top level one but it appears to be in an incorrect location. Post an image that shows windows explorer and instr.lib and where you have the driver.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,971 Views)

Dear  ,  , and nyc

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,959 Views)