From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIT3.0 with LV8

Hallo,ich teste ein Simulation mit  SIT 3.1 unter LV 8, hat jemand mit diese Version schon mal gearbeitet?
es taucht bei mir ein Problem während das aulesen der Daten, genau weden die Daten vom  unter \National Instruments\LabVIEW 8.0\vi.lib\addons\Simulation Interface\_sitclient.llb\sit Get Current Data1.vi nicht geliefert .
Mit  sinewave.vi Beispiel hat es fonktioniert. aber mit andre Modell nicht.

Befaiz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(3,260 Views)
Hello,
I test simulation with SIT 3,1 under LV 8, worked someone with this version already times?  it dips a problem with me during the selection of the data, exactly the data of under \ national instrument \ LabVIEW 8,0 \ vi.lib \ addons \ simulation interface \ _sitclient.llb \ sit GET Current Data1.vi not supplied.   With sinewave.vi example it fonktioniert. but with other model not.   
thanks .

Befaiz
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(3,256 Views)
Hello,
I test simulation with SIT 3,1 under LV 8, worked someone with this version already times?  it dips a problem with me during the selection of the data, exactly the data of under \ national instrument \ LabVIEW 8,0 \ vi.lib \ addons \ simulation interface \ _sitclient.llb \ sit GET Current Data.vi not supplied.   With sinewave.vi example it fonktioniert. but with other model not.   
thanks .

Befaiz
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(3,257 Views)
Hello Befaiz,

I have used SIT 3.0 with LV 8 many times. I am glad that the sinewave.vi example worked for you.

In order to help you we will need more information on what you are doing and exactly what error message is produced.

Thanks,
Andrew
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(3,250 Views)
Hello Andrew,
First I thanks you for your answer.  the simulation runs, which I can read under (simulation detail). “Sit signal sample Data.vi” supplies data (“Raw DATA”). In “Sit GET Current Data.vi” the data not represented on the GUI (indicator).  I examined the data delivery into “Sit GET Current Data.vi”: in the array Subset (pull off current signal DATA) data In (sonde 167)however none data Out (sonde 168).

thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(3,226 Views)
Hello again,

I looked at the files you attached. I think I understand the issue you are seeing: when you run the model in Simulink, you can see values on the charts (as in your file offline_sim.bmp); however, when you run the model on your Real-Time target, you can not see any values on the charts (as in your file running.bmp). Is this what is happening?

If that is what is happening, then the issue is as follows. When you build a DLL out of your model, certain signals may be optimized out due to settings in the model and thus will not be available to SIT. The SIT help explains what to do in this situation; find at the page called "Creating Mappings" and read the section called "Fixing Invalid Mappings". Here is the part that I think applies to your situation:

Fixing Invalid Mappings
Mappings typically become invalid if the Simulation Interface Toolkit cannot communicate with a model parameter or signal correctly. Additionally, certain simulation options you set in the Simulink application software can cause mappings to become invalid. The following sections provide information about fixing invalid mappings.

Models Using Signal Storage Reuse, Block Reduction Optimization, or Virtual Blocks
Mappings might appear invalid if the model uses either Signal Storage Reuse or Block Reduction Optimization. These items are options you can set in the Simulink application software to reduce the memory footprint of the model. Disabling these options for the entire model makes all signals available for probing but increases the memory footprint of the model. You can mark individual signals as test points to maintain a reduced memory footprint while keeping certain signals available for probing. To make this change, load the model in the Simulink application software and perform the following actions:

For The MathWorks, Inc. MATLAB® application software release 13, right-click a signal and select Signal properties from the shortcut menu. Place a checkmark in the SimulinkGlobal(Test Point) checkbox and click the OK button to save changes.

For the MATLAB® application software release 14, right-click a signal and select Signal properties from the shortcut menu. Click the Logging and accessibility tab, place a checkmark in the Test point checkbox, and click the OK button to save changes.

Note  If you previously converted this model to a model DLL, you must convert the model to a model DLL again after marking signals as test points. 

Similarly, you might not be able to probe signals from Virtual Blocks such as Mux, Demux, Bus Selector, and so on. Marking signals from these blocks as test points makes the signals available for probing.

Refer to the Simulink documentation for information about Signal Storage Reuse, Block Reduction Optimization, Virtual Blocks, and test points.
Basically, if you mark the signals you want to view as Test Points then they should be available when running the model on your Real-Time target.

I hope this helps!
Andrew
Message 6 of 12
(3,217 Views)

Hallo Andrew,

thanks for your assistance.  I partly solved the problem. to the representation of numeric ones, now must I indicate only for signal graph care. 

thanks. 

much fun for WoldCup final

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(3,206 Views)
Hello,

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if you only need to mark a signal as a Test Point if you wish to view it in a signal graph. This is correct - you do not need need to mark a signal as a Test Point if you do not want to be able to see its value while the model is running on the Real-Time target.

For a simple model or a model that does not have to run very fast, it would also work to turn off the global optimizations like Signal Storage Reuse and Block Reduction. However, in a large model or a model you want to run very fast this might make the model run too slowly.

-Andrew
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(3,204 Views)
Hello,
which supplies model several values (number of revolutions, speed, gasoline consumption….).
I want to read all signal on host like the off-line simulation. Up to now I only a value could read however I examine whether I the signal in mapping am correct. 

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(3,194 Views)

hello,

thanks first  for your assistance.

The simulation runs, but I have question, I want to replace the controller block in the Simulink model with reaal material controller hardware, to read or write but leisure I signals over Fpga and cRio, so that I the model simulate can-know you conception or experience can realize like one that

Thanks

E.faiz

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(3,157 Views)