From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SI formatting - near zero values in graph scale

Hello,

I'm using SI formatting for XY graph Y-scale and I have problems with near zero marks. Instead of clear 0 it puts something there something like 1.23456E-30. Is there any way how to force it to use 0? I think the problem is I'm using very low values in the graph like 1E-13 (capacity measurements) so the scaling can produce significant numeric errors.

Sencond question is also about SI. Is it somehow possible to put fixed space between number and SI prefix? For example: '1.23 MOhm'?

Thanks for any reply

Stanislav Maslan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,213 Views)

Hello,

You can change the scale using the property nodes of the XY graph

Kind regards,

Ion R.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,158 Views)

To answer your first question, you can use the Marker Values[ ] property of a scale (X or Y) to change the location of one of the tick marks (and its label).  In your case, you would want to read the current values, then replace anything in the array below a certain value (e.g. 1.23543a) with a zero.  Set Uniform Marker Spacing? to FALSE, then write the values back to the graph.  This actually moves the marker, itself, so should give you what you want.  As you mentioned, the root cause of this problem is finite precision in the arithmetic.  There is not a good generic solution.

I don't have an answer to putting a space between SI units and the text.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,155 Views)