From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEED convertion tools

Has anyone written a SEED convertion tool in LabView for seismic data?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 25
(5,474 Views)

Hello Ted,

Could you please clarify what SEED stands for and what kind of conversion are you looking for?

Thanks and regards,

Chetan K

Application Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 25
(5,453 Views)
Hi Chetan,

SEED stand for: Standard for the Exchange of Earthquake Data .  Its a data format used for recording and archiving seismic data.

A good description of it can be found at http://www.iris.edu/manuals/SEED_chpt1.htm.

I was hoping that someone might search for this in NI's web site and come across this message that might have written a convertion tool from SEED to ASCII written in LabView.  Just a shot in the dark really.

Thanks for the interest!

Cheers,

Ted

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 25
(5,450 Views)
Ted,
Have you find a SEED convertion tool in LabView ? I have the same problem now.
Best regards,
Victorin

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 25
(5,307 Views)
Hi Victorin,

I have done some searching and have not come across a SEED conversion utility written in LabVIEW.  There is no such tool included in LabVIEW, but I have not run across anyone that has created the conversion independently either.  Good luck with your application.
Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 25
(5,286 Views)
Hi Victorin,

Did you ever come up with a MSEED to ASCII convertion tool in LabView?  I'm thinking about starting to write one, but wanted to check with you to see if you have written one or have any tips on writing one.

Cheers

Ted

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 25
(5,158 Views)
Hello Ted,
I work with SeedLink servers (Geofon, IRIS). Data are coded in MiniSeed (512 blocks length). First I demultiplex the channels and than I make the conversion and I hope is OK. I have examples in C or C++ if this help you better (that software was tested many years but I couldn't use it).
You could write me directly and I send you more documentation (asyst@b.astral.ro).
Victorin

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 25
(5,146 Views)

Ted,

We have a miniSEED data extractor subVI written for data that streams off our TSA-100S-D24 (which is native to miniSEED). miniSEED are the data-only packets used in SEED. The input to the subVI is a miniSEED packet. The output of the subVI is an array of I32 (signed 32-bit integers) error-checked and extracted from the packet. Did you find what you need already? If not, let us know and we may be able to help. Ditto for anyone else looking to do Labview-based seismic and structural monitoring systems that use SEED/miniSEED. Our contact information is on our website (www.metrozet.com).

Sincerely,

Eric

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 25
(4,992 Views)

Hi all,

I am also working on the same subject. Did anyone writed subvi for streaming data in miniseed format?

Eric can you share the subvi you mentioned?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 25
(4,488 Views)

Hi everyone,

I wrote a sub-vi for opening SEED data for Reftek devices. I am still working on it. If you are interest in this vi, please contact me

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 25
(4,394 Views)