From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCardTransmit function output only shows during highlight execution

Hi guys,

I am currently playing with the winscard.dll to control an NFC card reader with labview. I used information from a lot of threads on this forum and I am now able to successfully send commands to the card. The problem though is that the pbRecvBuffer is only able to receive the reply data from the card reader when I execute the program with highlight execution. Otherwise, no data is written to the buffer.

I wonder if it's in the delay in the execution of the command that allows labview to receive the reply data? But how do I put this kind of delay? Or how do I simulate the highlight execution programatically?

Thanks in advance!

_bley_

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,599 Views)

Hi BleyBley 

Have you checked for 'race conditions' in your code?, sometimes the highlight executions delay compensates the effect of a race condition but when you run the code without it the race condition occurs.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,444 Views)

Thanks for the reply Danubio.

I highly doubt though that a 'race condition' occurs in the code. As I understand it, it occurs when parallel data flows are accessing the same variable. You'll see in the code, however, that there are no parallel data flows. I have got my project working, though. I just updated to labview 2013 and used Mathan's VI as a template. I got it from the following thread:

http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/pc-sc-Scardtransmit/td-p/815089/page/4

I am now able to control my NFC card and reader fully. Thanks for the heads up on 'race conditions' anyway!

_bley_

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,251 Views)