LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI 1127

Hi,

I want to know whether a Non-UL approved SCXI -1127 card and a UL approved SCXI-1127 card can be used in a same chasis. Will it work ?

If it is not working can the firmware be updated to make it work. What could be solution to make both of the cards work in a same chasis. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(728 Views)

Hi Asokan,

@Tamilselvan_Asokan wrote:

I want to know whether a Non-UL approved SCXI -1127 card and a UL approved SCXI-1127 card can be used in a same chasis. Will it work ?

Both cards will work the same way. (The UL conformity does not influence the way those cards work internally…)

Is one of those cards (much) older than the other?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(685 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. 

Yes one of the card is older. Will it impact the function. Do we need to update firmware. Is there any way to match the firmware of both of the cards. 

UL approved is newer and Non-UL is older. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(647 Views)

Hi Asokan,

@Tamilselvan_Asokan wrote:

Will it impact the function. Do we need to update firmware. Is there any way to match the firmware of both of the cards. 

No.

No.

Why do you want the firmware to match between those cards? Why do you even think there is firmware? After all these cards just contain a bunch of relais…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(625 Views)

Hi,

I have attached the image. 

We have 4 No. of NI- SCXI 1127 cards in the chassis - 1001. In that 2nd slot alone needs a UL approved  card to function. It we use a Non - UL approved card in that slot that particular card is not working. 

These cards are having some revision marked on it. I thought those would be their firmware version. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(620 Views)