LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCXI-1001 (with SCXI-1600) systems

I have two SCXI-1001 (with SCXI-1600) systems configured with the same i/o modules. The hardware for these two systems is identical. I would like to be able to interchange the two setups. However, if I disconnect one system from my PC and then connect the second one, the chassis ID and device identifiers for all the modules change (MAX somehow knows that the second system is different from the first and assigns different device identifiers). Consequently, they no longer match the physical channels that I am using in the Labview code. The software gives an error for a bad device identifier. How can I set the chassis ID and device identifiers for the i/o modules so that they do not change thus enabling me to use the same code for either setup? Or do I have to set different identifiers for the two setups and use different software (with the correct corresponding physical channels) to drive both pieces of equipment?

Note: the two systems are never connected to the PC at the same time.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,497 Views)
On the front of the chassis are a set of DIP switches to asign a chassis ID number have you got these set to unique values or are they the same for both chassis? - Mike
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,470 Views)

Mike,

The DIP switches are set to address 0 for both units. I did this intentionally with the expectation that I could switch back and forth between the two since the setup is identical. However, Measurement and Automation Explorer is able to differentiate between the two (how?) and changes the device identifiers for the chassis and all the i/o modules when I connect system two.

Kyle

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,462 Views)

Have you tried swapping out the SCXI-1600 at the same time you swap chassis as MAX might be treating these as two unique systems due to it seeing the two different DAQ devices (serial numbered etc) - If you do swap the 1600 modules over does MAX see it as the same chassis? this would prove the above theory, although I am not too sure it will be possible to do a great deal about it.

I have a similar system with two identical SCXI-1001 chassis but these plug directly in to PXI-6052E daq cards (one per chassis) I can use either chassis connected to a single daq card without an issue if the chassis ID numbers are the same, or I number them chassis 01 and chassis 02 when using both at the same time - I have never tried playing around with the SCXI-1600 as it hadn't been thought about let alone released for sale when I purchased my hardware! - Mike

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,454 Views)