cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCPI command check

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi Santhosh,

I have one more doubt, I have seen some information provided by NI. Is it possible to send SCPI commands through ethernet and USB to get the continuous data. I have seen this link

https://dl.cdn-anritsu.com/en-us/test-measurement/ohs/10450-00061D/index.html#page/ProgrammingManual...

Could you please check the link and let me know

Thanks 

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 26
(664 Views)

@vijay0507 wrote:

"Could you please let me know do I need to use Null modem cable+RS232 cable"?

You should just need a NULL Modem cable.  Just get whichever kind you need based on the connection on the instrument:

Female-Female NULL Modem Cable 

Female-Male NULL Modem Cable 

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 22 of 26
(672 Views)

Hello,

I am trying to establish a communication between PC and Gaussmeter IGM with Null modem cable and RS 232 cable. Initially I tried just with RS-232 cable i dint find my device name in NI MAX just it showed COM port3. After reading Gaussmeter IGM11 manual I got to know that I have to use Null modem cable for the serial interface. Now I connected with Null modem cable (Female to Female) + RS232 (Male) with USB to PC, still it is showing the same name COM4. Dint not find my device in NI-MAX. Could anyone help me how do I get configured my device in NI MAX. 

Even I have checked in VISA interactive control showing no hardware device connected and also performed troubleshooting as well.

Thanks 

Vijay

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 23 of 26
(640 Views)

Hello,

I am trying to establish a communication between PC and Gaussmeter IGM with Null modem cable and RS 232 cable. Initially I tried just with RS-232 cable i dint find my device name in NI MAX just it showed COM port3. After reading Gaussmeter IGM11 manual I got to know that I have to use Null modem cable for the serial interface. Now I connected with Null modem cable (Female to Female) + RS232 (Male) with USB to PC, still it is showing the same name COM4. Dint not find my device in NI-MAX. Could anyone help me how do I get configured my device in NI MAX. 

Even I have checked in VISA interactive control showing no hardware device connected and also performed troubleshooting as well.

Thanks 

Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 26
(637 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vijay0507

Hi Vijay,

@vijay0507 wrote:

Now I connected with Null modem cable (Female to Female) + RS232 (Male) with USB to PC, still it is showing the same name COM4. Dint not find my device in NI-MAX. Could anyone help me how do I get configured my device in NI MAX. 

What do you want to "configure in MAX"?

What do you expect to see in MAX?

After all this is just a plain COM port, so it will always show up as COM port in MAX!

You can use VISA functions to send commands over that COM port and read the responses from your device. Your manual explains how to format those commands…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 25 of 26
(632 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author vijay0507

I guess you can give it a VISA alias so you can  remember what it is.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 26 of 26
(622 Views)