LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC question: does check-in of child VIs increase Version of Top/Parent VIs?

Hi!
In LabView SCC, Let's say I have a project with a top.vi, and ...
- First I update a child VI of my Top.vi,
- Then I check it in,
- Then later, I see that the update was faulty.

If I want to revert to the previous version of my child VI, all is ok I guess (since version are historised. But, can I directly ask to revert to the previous version of my project??? Was the version updated when I checked in the faulty VI?. Is the SCC tool abble to track changes in all child VIs and so history version of parent VIs?

My problem is so to know if I can revert to a version of my project for a given date using SCC tool,compared to archiving regularly all my VIs ( with no SCC tool).

😉
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,120 Views)
No. Each VI has its own version number incremented when checking in. Callers are not automatically updated if they are not checked out. What you can do is when checking out a subVI is to press "Select Callers" so that callers are also checked out in and change version on next checkin.
To retrieve a previous version of the whole project use Advanced>System history>Manage Group of labeled files. In this window you can select project(s) and take a snapshot that you can label with a date or version number (8chars max) and retrieve it anytime later. This is not automatic so you can't revert to a specific day but to a previously labeled group.

LabVIEW, C'est LabVIEW

Message 2 of 2
(2,120 Views)