LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC error

I get the following error when labview starts. Error -2951 SCC_Provider_startup.vi.Proxycaller. I uninstalled Perforce recently and I've tried uninstalling and re-installing labview and the same error  results.  Any help?

kph
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(3,448 Views)
The error code corresponds to the condition where LabVIEW is trying to connect to a source control provider and fails. In this case, it is because the provider no longer exists on the computer. Even though you uninstalled LabVIEW, there are some files that are not removed (user.lib directory for example). One such file is the LabVIEW.ini file. That also happens to be where LabVIEW stores the configuration setting for source control. So, you can correct this problem by removing the LabVIEW.ini file. It will be recreated when you launch LabVIEW again. If there are settings in the ini file that you need, see this knowledge base for more specific directions - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C9AB8DB4FE06356486257163004F0F0C
George M
National Instruments
Message 2 of 11
(3,440 Views)
Thanks! That was it.

kph
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(3,435 Views)
Once in awhile, my computer is not connected to the network, or when the source control server is down. So when I launch labview, it tries to connect to the source control. Without a success connection, the labview crashes and prevent me from running the labview, is there a way to bypass this connection or temporary disable SCC.
- Jimmy
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(3,209 Views)
What LabVIEW version are you using? What source control provider do you use? If a connection cannot be established, a timeout condition should occur. This topic might be helpful as well - http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/C9AB8DB4FE06356486257163004F0F0C
George M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,199 Views)
The method of removing the .ini worked (retore later), but I would hate to tell my teammate to manually remove or modify the .ini file. Is there a method that just click on the buttons?
- Jimmy
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,194 Views)
There are no "buttons" that you can press for corresponding behavior. Again, if LabVIEW times out when starting up due to an SCC connection issue, then SCC is disabled for that session.
George M
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,189 Views)

@gmart: I cannot open the document you refer to. Error: "You are not authorized to view this document".

Is there an alternative location where I can find (a newer version of) the document?

I also get the SCC error every time labview starts and I'd rather not delete my labview.ini file.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,675 Views)

Hi Pianne,

I'd rather not delete my labview.ini file.

Create a backup of the INI file before deleting it (aka rename it…)!

If starting LabVIEW without an INI file helps you can always copy the needed keys from your backup file into the freshly created INI file…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,672 Views)

Pianne,

The KB gmart posted is something we can look at if you're using an older version of LabVIEW.  It was true for 8.0 and fixed in 8.2

Is that something that matches your setup?  Or, is it better to take Gerd's advice and move the LabVIEW.ini file and see if that resolves the error.  Then, you can use something like Notepad++ to find differences between the two to resolve the error.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,660 Views)