From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCC Question: Possible to Restrict Compilation of Code That Is Not Checked In?

Hello,

I would like to have LabVIEW (or some plug-in) prevent me and my teammates from compiling code that is not checked in. This will ensure that we always have the source code for that build checked in.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Richards
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,968 Views)

Hi Dan,

I'd suggest taking a look at this article concerning using source control in LabVIEW. That will have links to many other articles inside of it that will help you get started. TortoiseSVN works quite well with LabVIEW for SCC. I hope this helps!

David S.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,941 Views)

Just a couple suggestions. In LabVIEW 2012 you have the option to 'separate compiled code in new files' which can be very handy when working with SCC as it help cut down on checking in code that has been recompiled because of a compiler optimization. This is under the 'environment' category under options. The second suggestion that I have is to make sure that all developers are working with identical directory structures for each project down to the drive letter so that path changes between developers do not initiate recompilation to update path information. Since LabVIEW automatically recompiles I am not sure you can do exactly what you want but you can achieve the same results by only checking in valid changes to the source code.

Buddy Haun
Certified Trainer, Former Alliance Member, LabVIEW Champion
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,935 Views)