From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HANA communication with LabVIEW

Hi guys,

Problem Statement:

We are trying to communicate with SAP HANA using Lab VIEW Database toolkit. We are able to open the connection with the server but when we try to fetch data using query then we are getting following error.

Error:

ADO Error: 0x80004005

Exception occured in SAPNewDBMDXProvider.1: sql syntax error: Error occurred while executing a MDX statement. The error message is: Syntax Error : SELECT * FROM "_SYC_BIC"<<<Help Path is C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP\hdbclient\SAPNewDBMDXProvider.hlp and context 0

What we tried:

We successfully ran same query using SAP HANA Studio.

Gaurav k
CLD Certified !!!!!
Do not forget to Mark solution and to give Kudo if problem is solved.
Message 1 of 5
(3,261 Views)

Were you able to successfully pull data from SAP HANA using LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,484 Views)

I am trying to do the same thing.  My code breaks down after the log in.  Can I see some sample code.  Are you using a DSN file.  My DSN looks like this but not sure if it is correct.

[ODBC]
DRIVER=HDBODBC32
UID=LABVIEW
DATABASE=HES
APP=Microsoft Data Access Components
SERVER=10.20.1.155:35013

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,432 Views)

I was just starting to do some preliminary research. I haven't gotten to the point in the development of my program to even need to communicate with SAP yet. I have been working on the actual test functions rather than the fetching/recording of info in SAP. 

I have been unsuccessful in finding much beyond what you have done. I have seen a few people make it as far as you have, then no info on whether they got any further. You would think that there must be a way because (from what I have read) LabVIEW was able to communicate with older SAP versions, it would be a shame if there was no longer a good method. 

In my research I found this, but stopped looking and started focusing on other things:

https://help.sap.com/viewer/1efad1691c1f496b8b580064a6536c2d/Cloud/en-US/66a4169b84b2466892e1af97810...

the left side has a slew of different connection info.

If you have any luck please share! haha

Good luck!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,418 Views)

Also, might try to use database toolkit to make connection and use an SAP connection string to login (no idea if this would work). That's how I get into our SQL server, I found ODBC to be super slow. 

image.png

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,414 Views)