From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime error. nimxs.exe abnormally terminated by Visual C++ Runtime library

Hello, I installed without a glitch Labview 8.6 evaluation on my notebook (WXP, SP3). I could not launch the software from the outset and keep getting MS Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error about nimxs.exe abnormally terminating the Runtime.

I had not worked with the development software previously. I only had Runtime Engine 7.1 on my computer to work with older VIs that had been working flawlessly. Idi not develop these VIs and had not modified them. I removed the Engine from the computer and rebooted several times to no success. The forum discussions about this kind of error are not pertinent to this problem of installation that has never worked. I tried to disable firewall and antivirus and added nimxs.exe to the firewall's enabled software, again to no success.

Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,394 Views)

Hello Pstov,

I would advise you 2 steps to do that might help with you problem. First delet the data folder as described in the foolowing KB:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/86256F0E001DA9FF86256FFD005B827C?OpenDocument

Then you should Repair the LabVIEW installation, it does not take so long time than reinstalling it.

Hopefully after this you will be able to run LabVIEW.

May you have further questions or if this did not help, don't hesitate to ask!

Best regards,

David Varga

Applications Engeneer

National Instruments

NIH 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,376 Views)

Hello David,

it did not help. Since I could not run LabVIEW any time I do not think the database got corrupted. The message (snapshot attached) appears on the computer start up. I would suspect the firewall, but disabling it did not help either.

Petr

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,367 Views)

Hello Petr,

It seems that the only way to resolve this problem is cleaning your system(uninstall every NI Product) and reinstalling NI Products. It is important to uninstall the NI products with the attached executable, because this way all NI Product MSI Registy Entries will be uninstalled as well. I'm not happy that this turned out to be the potencial solution but let's give it a try. Let me know if you have new results after reinstalling the software!

Best regards,

David Varga

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

NIH

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,360 Views)

Thanks David, I am on track!

Petr

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5