From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime Executable - Access Violation when saving to Excel.

Hi, 

I have a Labview 2019 developed Executable which I tried to deploy on a target PC. The Specs are 

Dev PC

Windows 10 Home 

LabVIEW 2019

NI-DAQmx 2019

MS office 2016

Target PC

Windows 10

NI-DAQmx 2019

MS Office 2016 . 

When I am trying to save a report which works fine on dev PC , it gives me an access violation error on target PC. This used to work before on the same Target PC built with the same dev PC. Nothing is updated on both PC. But this time this error starts to crop up. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(745 Views)

You might also consider attaching the Crash Report (which I hope you also sent to NI), as it will possibly suggest where you might investigate further ...

Another thing to try is to create a "overly-simplified" version of your program.  If you think this involved saving to Excel, write a tiny LabVIEW program that writes a little something to Excel.  [You might try the "Revised Generate Excel Report Example" I posted here in 2014 -- simply start typing "Revised Generate Excel ..." in the Search Bar and it should pop up].  If that works, then it might not be Excel.  If that fails, then its probably not LabVIEW, probably is Office Whatever-You-Are-Running.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(720 Views)

Almost certainly a version difference between Office installation on the two PCs. The Save method is notorious for that as Microsoft keeps adding optional parameters to it in never versions.

Your claim that neither computer was changed in any way only would be sure if both your computers had neither any internet access nor were in any way maintained by a central IT department!

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(687 Views)