LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running two VIs side by side which have Daq tasks.

Hi, I need to run two VIs side by side, on one laptop. Each VI will run a motor, read sensors, and output to a text file. Each setup has its own NiDaq 6008 and Daq Tasks: analog input, AO, digital counter, and Digital Output. Can you run two sets of Daq tasks side by side in different VIs on one laptop?

One issue is the tasks overlapping each other. Another  issue I see is writing to an output file, so I may try having each VI save to a different file location.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(719 Views)

If you have any resources shared, then you'll have a problem.  So trying to read different channels from the same DAQmx, or writing data to the same file.

But if one VI is handling one DAQ 6008, and the other VI is handling another DAQ 6008, and those tasks aren't sharing any channels, or modules, and you are writing to different files, I don't suspect you'll have a problem.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(716 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

If you have any resources shared, then you'll have a problem.  So trying to read different channels from the same DAQmx, or writing data to the same file.

But if one VI is handling one DAQ 6008, and the other VI is handling another DAQ 6008, and those tasks aren't sharing any channels, or modules, and you are writing to different files, I don't suspect you'll have a problem.

And use the native data logging DAQmx functions and 1TDMS file set up with simultaneous access like it defaults to is all you need 

It used to be harder than that.  I can't believe that some guys still haven't tried the easy way. 

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(684 Views)

Thanks. The way I have it setup originally is each VI datalogs to a separate TDMS file, so there are 2 files in one windows folder. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(656 Views)