cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running myDAQ Operations Fast

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I would like to write a program that frequently changes the voltage outputted by my myDAQ. I currently am using this piece of code (image). Even when in a for loop with no delay there is a delay of around 20ms. Is there anyway I can reduce this?

The delay is definitely in this section of code and not somewhere else in the loop. I know this as if I delete this section, the loop runs through all iterations (almost) immediately.

I am new to LabView and the myDAQ so please bear with me!

Many thanks in advance,

T.Rock

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,622 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author T.Rock

Create the task outside the loop or only on the first loop iteration, and on later iterations just write to the task.

Message 2 of 8
(2,618 Views)

Thanks! That significantly sped up the iterations.

T.Rock

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,609 Views)

NP - make sure you are closing the task when you are done with it as well.

Message 4 of 8
(2,606 Views)

Thank you for the advice, I have now added a clear task VI. Although moving the setup outside the loop greatly improved speed, ideally for my application I would like the loop to be able to run even faster. Is there any possible way to do so? I have attached an image of the relevant code below.

T.Rock 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,598 Views)

What are you trying to do? What is the source of the data you are writing to the output?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,588 Views)

The data source is Cartesian coordinates converted from a polar function whose theta value increases with each loop iteration.

My goal is to input these voltage values into a dual channel CRT vector scope fast enough so that I can effectively draw polar equations.

I have attached a screen clip of the program and also the zipped project file if you would like to take a look.

Thanks again for the help!

T.Rock

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,573 Views)

You could build up the entire array/waveform and write it to the card all at once versus writing it sample by sample. 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,538 Views)