cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Two Velmex Motor Controllers Simultaneously

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to synchronize the movement of two stepper motors which are each connected to a Velmex controller.  Currently, I am having difficulty with the second while loop even though it is identical to the first while loop.  If anyone could help me troubleshoot my VI, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,952 Views)

How can we help you with a VI that we can't see?  Posting your VI would really help us (unless you want us to guess).  For best help (for us, which we can then pass back to you), post the actual VI, not a picture of it.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,944 Views)

Sorry.  I thought I had attached it to my post.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,929 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author reese808

I don't have the drivers installed so I can't be sure, but it looks like every frame calls the same VI, "VXMdriverLV8.vi", and if a VI isn't reentrant it can't be called twice at the same time. 

That's likely the cause.  Or, even if the subVI is reentrant, it could be that it calls sub-subVIs that aren't and it gets stuck on that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,904 Views)

I don't like how you have a state machine built inside of the run button event of the event structure.  That means you need to press run in order for it to move to the next step of the state machine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,892 Views)